Well here I am on the eleventh hour of 2013 and writing my yearly 'ring in the new year with a new word' post. I declared 2013 to be the year of 'CALM'. I am aware that I have fallen short in some areas of 'calm' but feel I can turn the page on this year with many valuable lessons under my belt....
I have learned:
- over committing feeds only my need to please others, while greatly depleting my inner peace and calm.
- I am greatly driven by my need to please others.
- what it feels like to sell a piece of my art, and subsequently how to part with pieces of my heart... and how that opened up a whole new way to love and be connected to people I may never ever meet. Initially, deep breathing was required to instill 'calm'.
- to not take for granted the miracles that our bodies are, and how frustrating and debilitating it can be when one small part isn't working quite right... and to remind myself to be calm and patient with "it takes as long as it takes."
- that the things we run away from always end up on the path ahead of us when we least expect it. 'Calm' then only happens when you trudge through the muck to get to the light.
- I am still learning that I get to own and tell my story... All of it... And re-re-re-assigning truth to some lies I believed long ago may be a lifelong activity for me, but that too is part of my story. Calm means embracing that story peeling away the lies and holding on to the truth and then speaking it as loud as possible when it needs to be heard.
I declare 2014 to be the year of 'JUST BE'. I absolutely need to reconnect with the part of me that knows to live in the here and now...
- JUST BE in the moment.
- JUST BE who you are, and nothing else.
- JUST BE proud to stand up for what is right... whatever the cost.
- JUST BE willing to surrender the unknown to the Universe and accept what unfolds.
- JUST BE willing to relinquish control of the things that I was never meant to control in the first place.
- JUST BE grateful, kind, and compassionate.
- JUST BE a good role model and ambassador to living a fulfilled life to my children
As I contemplate what is to come in 2014 I already know it is going to hold its fair share of changes, challenges - and growth opportunities... but I intuitively know that it will also hold so many moments of unconditional love, sheer joy and complete bliss...
I will be ringing in 2014 very gently with only a few of those most precious to me... I am loved, I am grateful, I am excited. I am going to simply JUST BE.
Happy New Year!